“How Difficult English Is!” (An Attitude in Learning English for Non-English Students)
English is one of the foreign languages taught from elementary to university. However, English is to be unswallowed bitter pill for non-English students. This is caused by the growing concepts of negative attitude about English, “English is frightening, English is hard to study, etc.” Attitude plays a vital role in learning any disciplines of knowledge includes English. Developing competencies and skills of English will not be achieved without noticing the supporting factors. In line with, this article discusses the concept of attitude, language attitude, students’ attitudes toward English, and the factors that influence students’ attitudes toward English as a foreign language.
Copyright (c) 2019 Nova Adi Kurniawan, Sai'in Sai'in
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution shareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License