Mitra Ash-Shibyan: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Konseling is a peer-reviewed journal that focuses on Early Childhood Education and Collage Students of Early Childhood Education. This journal follows guidelines from Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) facing all aspects of publication ethics and how to handle cases of research and publication misconduct.
Duties of Editor
- The editor is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be accepted, rejected, or request modifications to the manuscript.
- The editors should be responsible for every article published in Mitra Ash-Shibyan: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Konseling. He/ she has to ensure that the manuscript is may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- An editor may communicate with other editors or reviewers in making final decision.
- An editor has to evaluate the manuscript objectively for publication, judging each on its quality without looking to nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the authors. He/she should decline his/her assignment when there is a potential of conflict of interest.
- Editors need to ensure the document sent to the reviewer does not contain the information of the author, vice versa.
- Editors’ decision should be informed to authors accompanied by reviewers’ comments unless they contain offensive or libelous remarks.
- Editors should respect requests from authors that an individual should not review the submission, if these are well-reasoned and practicable.
- Editors and all staffs should guarantee the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- Editors will be guided by COPE flowcharts if there is a suspected misconduct or disputed authorship.
Duties of Reviewers
- Reviewers need to comment on ethical questions and possible research and publication misconduct.
- Reviewers will do the work in timely manner and should notify editor if they cannot complete the work.
- Reviewers need to keep the confidentiality of the manuscript. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
- Reviewers should review submitted manuscript objectively and should express their views clearly with supporting arguments. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation.
- A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Reviewers should not accept to review the manuscripts in which there is potential conflict of interest between them and any of the authors.
Duties of Authors
- Author(s) affirm that the material has not been previously published and that they have not transferred elsewhere any rights to the article (confirmed by Letter of Agreement and Originality).
- Author(s) should ensure the originality of the work and they have properly cited others’ work in accordance of the references format.
- Author(s) should not engage in plagiarism nor self-plagiarism.
- Author(s) should ensure that they follow the authorship criteria that are taken from Mitra Ash-Shibyan: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Konseling that is explained in instruction for author of Mitra Ash-Shibyan: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Konseling.
- Authors should not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently. It is also expected that the author will not publish redundant manuscripts or manuscripts describing the same research in more than one journal.
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. The corresponding author should ensure that all co-authors are included on the paper and that they have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
- The author(s) haven’t suggested any personal information that may make the identity of the patient recognizable in any forms of description part, photograph or pedigree.
- Author(s) should give the editor the data and details of the work, if there are suspicions of data falsification or fabrication.
- If at any point of time, the author(s) discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in submitted manuscript, then the error or inaccuracy must be reported to the editor.
- Authors of the journal should clarify everything that may cause conflict of interests such as work, research expenses, consultant expenses, and intellectual property on the document of Mitra Ash-Shibyan: Jurnal Pendidikan dan Konseling from disclosure.